Military Academy Nominations
We will start accepting applications on August 1, 2018.
The application deadline is October 4th, 2018. All applications and required materials MUST be received by this date or the application will be considered incomplete. Please mail all applications to the district office, ATTN: Service Academy Nominations: 85-C Mill Street, Suite 300, Roswell, GA 30075.
In addition to the application, the following materials are required to complete your candidate packet and will be used in the selections process:
1. Three Letters of Recommendation:
- References may not be relatives of the applicant
- One letter is required from a high school administrator or teacher
- Letters of recommendation must arrive in a sealed envelope with an original signature in order to be considered
2. Essay: Please provide a one-page essay explaining your desire to attend an Academy. It should be no longer than one-page typed, double-spaced page.
3. Resume: A resume of social, athletic, and notable accomplishments.
4. Academic Transcripts: Certified high school transcript and/or most recent college/preparatory school transcript, which includes class rank, GPA and Fall 2018 course load.
5. SAT/ACT Scores:
- SAT/ACT scores are required for sixth congressional district nominations. The applicant should request that College Board send their SAT results to my District Office. The same applies to ACT scores.
- The SAT code is 4709 and the ACT code is 7356.
- Applicants are required to have taken the SAT or ACT at least once prior to the application deadline.
Interviews with members of Congresswoman Karen Handel’s U.S. Service Academy Advisory Board will be conducted for qualified candidates with completed applications on December 1, 2018. Congresswoman Handel’s office will notify each applicant with specific information regarding interviews in mid-October.
Early January 2019: Notifications will be mailed to nominees by Congresswoman Handel.